Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Vernissage

Well hi there! Thanks for clicking by. Coffee's brewed and the virtual treats are fresh out of the oven so help yourself. Say, you know I have two of my paintings in the Art Show at Cornwall's Public Library, right? Well last night was the 'vernissage'...


A vernissage (varnishing, from French) is a term used for a preview of an art exhibition, which may be private, before the formal opening. If the vernissage is not open to the public, but only for invited guests, it is often called a private view.


The Exhibition was organized by Focus Art... the association to which I belong and I attended both to support the organization and also because I had two paintings on display. I am glad I went. It was a chance to talk with fellow artists I don't often see. Note my 'Moonlight Walk' top left in the picture...

There was a good turnout and awards were handed out to many deserving artists. I didn't expect to win a first or second award in either category in which I had a painting because there are so many more talented artists than I am. However, I did pick up an 'Honourable Mention' from the judge for my 'Urban Garden' acrylic painting....note the red ribbon.

The exhibition runs until the 28th of October so if you are in the area, get yourself and your family downtown and browse the art show. Without art, this world would be a terribly dull place, don't you think?

So now, it is time to get back to the blank canvas sitting on my easel, apply what I learned from the judge; work on improving my drawing ability and create some new pieces.

See ya, eh!

Bob



 

0 comments: