Sunday, February 1, 2015

Baked Beans...the Musical Fruit!

Hi ya! How the heck are you? Got time for a coffee and a virtual treat? Sorry...no baked bean cake (there's an idea!) but help yourself to a virtual megamuffin to munch on, eh! Speaking of baked beans...

Santa gave me a package of Dad's No Brainer Baked Beans (Hidden message in there?) for Christmas. I have no idea what prompted that gift though it was much appreciated. 

Well, the  package had been sitting in the cupboard since Christmas and several times I said to Nong, "I must remember to soak those beans overnight." Of course, it was usually the morning when I remembered about it and promptly forgot by the evening. Oh, yeah, I sometimes left them out all day...and still forgot.

Finally got around to it this week. Dumped the package of beans in a pot after supper and let them do their thing. By 8 pm they were already halfway up the bowl...like bread rising!

In the morning, I followed the directions (yes, men can sometimes follow directions given the right incentive) and the beans were on simmer for over 6 hours.


Lunch yesterday was something I had not eaten for probably 50 years...baked beans on toast. Great! I resisted the urge to rush out and buy some pickled eggs!

Told Nong she had better have some, too... out of self defense! 

Thanks again, Santa!

See ya, eh!

Bob


"Oh the sheets they were a-flappin'
Flappin' in the wind..."

0 comments: