Thursday, October 23, 2014

Woman Tries to Sell Imaginary Friend on eBay

Thanks for clicking by! You look ready for a nice heartwarming mug of coffee and a virtual treat. Well, you have come to the right place. After yesterday's apparently terrorist-motivated tragedy in Ottawa, we need to get back to reality - even if reality has a slightly different feel to it today. 

Prime Minister Harper said "We, as, as Canadians, will not be intimidated." 

A newscaster said, and I paraphrase a little... "Get out there and enjoy today - keep to the values that make Canadians strong and fun-loving folks." So, go out; buy a Two Four (Translation for non-Canucks: a case of 24 pints of beer) and a pizza...with an order of poutine on the side. Keep on wearing your shorts and t-shirts until the snow flies!

This blog is about people and things you may not see on the six o'clock news...sometimes a little odd perhaps, interesting, educating and entertaining. That's my blog's reality so with that in mind, read on...

On the advice of her shrink, 22-year-old Londoner Georgia Horrocks is trying to declutter her mind by selling her imaginary friend on eBay!

“I have recently come to the decision that it is time to sell my imaginary friend Bernard who was created during a time of emotional instability,” Georgia wrote in the eBay listing.

“My psychiatrist recommended that I say goodbye to Bernard, and although I would like some financial compensation, it is more important that he finds a good home.” She added that he has an ‘active’ and ‘mischievous personality’.

Maybe Bernard would be a good addition to the staff here at CWB. What do you think? My mind is generally quite cluttered with ideas, book plots, artistic intentions and multitudinous blank canvases, so one more thought-provoker wouldn't be out of place. In fact, he may provide a second opinion on things. "Say Bernard, what do you think of this idea?"

Sorry, Georgia, I can't offer any compensation but...now hold on a minute. I keep getting emails from Britain telling me that I have won a lottery over there.  Tell you what, Georgia, send me your email address. The next lottery email, I receive, I'll forward to you and appoint you as my official agent. You keep half and I'll trust you to send me the other half. No...phone me and I'll come over there and collect. We can have coffee, too, and an English cream scone. How's that for an offer?  Tell Bernard to pack his imaginary long underwear...here in Canada, winter is coming.

See ya, eh!

Bob

.

0 comments: