Wednesday, August 20, 2014

These Panty-Wearing Peaches Are All the Rage in China

Oh my! I'll bet you spotted this picture as you were spiraling down from cyberspace, huh? Naughty, naughty! So, apart from that, how are you today? Go on, tell me you're 'Peachy!'. Help yourself to a mug of coffee and a fruit explosion muffin...though I am not sure I'd like to see exploding panties!

Fruit vendors in China came up with a novel idea to sell peaches for the romantic Qixi festival on August 2. They put a sexy spin on the otherwise innocent fruit by slipping some specially designed panties on them! It’s actually quite amusing, how closely the lingerie-donning peaches resemble a woman’s backside.

It all started when a fruit vendor in Nanjing decided to slip underwear onto a few of his peaches. According to Yao Xiao Yang, founder of ‘Fruithunters, he was inspired by literature. “What we understand about fruit is too simple; fruits are wonderful presents given to us by nature,” he explained.

“Fruit being sexy is widely accepted in world literature. Names of many fruits are self-evident, such as Sodom apple and Venus nipple peach. On an ancient Egyptian script pomegranate meant breasts, a French poet compared women’s butts to melons under the sunshine and James Joyce made similar comparisons in Ulysses.”

...And I think I shall leave it right there without further comment that might get me into trouble.

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: