Saturday, March 1, 2014

Homeless Man Wins $2.79 Million Jackpot!

Hey there! Thanks for clicking by today. Coffee's brewed and there's a tray full of delicious virtual treats awaiting you so help yourself. Say...have you ever had a dream come true? Well listen to this...

When László Andraschek used his last few coins to purchase a lottery ticket, I’m sure he had no real hope of winning the jackpot – a whopping 600 million forint (US $2.70 million) – but it actually happened. The 55-year-old Hungarian went from being a homeless tramp to a millionaire, overnight.

For seven long years, Andraschek lived in a homeless shelter in the city of Győr. “It all happened to me, I remember it, but I don’t miss it,” he said about his experience of being homeless. He was also a recovering alcoholic at the time. “I had drunk myself out of the family by the age of 31. 

I was the last child at home and spent all my wages on drink. I worked on-and-off as an agricultural repairman. I lived the typical life of an alcoholic and I thought it was all right.”

It came to a point where Andraschek’s siblings were fed up of him and asked their mother to kick him out. This was in 1989; at age 31, Andraschek had become completely destitute. 

He tried to hang himself, but the rope snapped and he ended up losing a foot. “Even losing a foot didn’t make me mend my ways because I would blame everyone around me, anyone but myself.” 

In 1991, he registered himself as homeless.

Well now...I'll bet you those siblings of his are the first ones to come crawling and looking for handouts from László. All I can say is "Enjoy your new found fortune and...hey buddy can you spare half a million?"

See ya, eh! 

Bob 

0 comments: